Monday, November 24, 2008

November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are spending today at chemo, (yuck) we also get to come back tomorrow for the shot! Oh well, we are getting it over with. I will be half way after this one which is a great milestone. I have been feeling really good this whole time other than those first few days and have got almost all of my Christmas shopping done, decorating done, and even seen Santa with the kids. Rick and I also went to dinner! We have been normal and I am so glad to have had the ability to do almost all the things I normally do. I am not trying to be tough or keep up appearances at all, I am really feeling well almost all of the time. If it hits me now it won't seem like such a long time even though it is still quite a while. We are prepared for the worst and still hope for the best. We have so many people to be thankful for and for so many things right now, especially the help with the kids. They are our biggest priority and we love it when they are loved by someone watching them during the times we can't be there. They have really enjoyed every home they have gone to. That is such a weight taken off of us. Everyone around us (adults and kids) have contributed so much to making this easier and with all of our hearts we are soooo grateful! I appreciate every prayer and every time my name is added to the temple. It is so incredible to have so many people include you in their thoughts and prayers, we are forever thankful!

Love-

Shauna

3 comments:

Nate and Di said...

I am so grateful for this blog. When I relaly feel the distance between us it is so nice to be able to come on here and see you and read how awesome you're doing! I knew you would fight this, and do it with such strength. I love you and am so THANKFUL for you. We are on the final countdown now to coming home to visit. I am so looking forward to being with you!

xoxoxoxo
Di

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna! Hope you had a really wonderful Thanksgiving! Always praying for you and sending many happy thoughts. Soon this will all be behind you!! Love and miss you.

Deb Black

AJ Gorham said...

We are thankful for you and for you example of strength! Keep on kickin cancer's butt!!