Tuesday, November 11, 2008

UPDATE!

I feel like I am coming back to life!! I have done pretty well considering that I got a cold on Saturday, the same day as the chemo hit. Saturday was pretty rough but my cold is going away so that is a good sign that I can fight it off. The nausea only lasted on Saturday and even Zofran seemed like sugar pills having very little effect.Oh well, I feel much better now. I have improved so much each day, the only thing that is slow now is my brain! I get dizzy and can't remember things as well as I usually do. Josh has been making fun of me, but the nurses told me the chemo infiltrates every place in your body including your brain and has to work it's way out, they also told me at my last visit "chemo brain" is a real thing. Several of my Doctors have shown us study's that show drinking lot's of water and walking 30 minutes on the tredmill each day helps improve the side effects of chemo so that's what I do to work it through faster and so far I think it's helping. At my last Doc. visit he did an examination and said, "that almost feels like normal breast tisue!" This is really important to note for several reasons 1- it comes from a Dr. who never says anything positive, and 2- the chemo appears to beworking and breaking the tumor down. I might be reading more into it than he intended at least we know that the chemo is working and I felt these were good comments! As for all of you surrounding us, I am so thankful for every little thing that you do and say on our behalf. I am so thankful for each of you who have helped with the kids and brought meals and said prayers. I am so thankful for each person who has interacted with me and made me feel so normal even though I don't look normal anymore. I love and appreciate you all. Love- Shauna

"Strength to do battle begins with enlisting the strength of God." - Pres. Hinckley

3 comments:

Nate and Di said...

Thank you for keeping us updated, I am continually amazed by your strength and positive attitude. I love you and am so grateful to all of the wonderful people filling the role of your sister who wishes she could be there for you and your family.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Shauna! I really miss you and love you lot's. I have been worried about you but now that I have your picture to look at when I am sad it helps me to feel better. I can't wait to come and see you, and maybe when you feel better you can come here and visit us. I love you Aunt Shauna!

Love, Kaitlyn

Anonymous said...

You are ALWAYS in my prayers love. Faith IS moving your mountain and someday it will be gone. Your old RS presidency loves and misses you!!

Deb Black