Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update

Wednesday Oct. 22, 2008

I am feeling pretty well most of the time but there are a few minor moments each day that remind me that I had chemo last week. I get a little tired and rest when I need to but try to stay on top of everything I can. For those who were aware I had my hip scanned last Friday and that has come back clear of cancer. I never thought I would be so excited to have arthritis in my life! It is a huge deal as there are those who do have it progress, usually to a hip. We are so thankful and relieved. We are keeping things simple at home and really working with our kids on hand washing and not sharing drinks which is hard for 2 four year olds, they are starting to understand germs a little bit and getting used to it. Even though my counts are OK right now, anything I catch can be much more serious with a weakend immune system. So for now I really truly have no appointments until my next treatment November 6.

Shauna Dunford

5 comments:

Nate and Di said...

You're doing awesome!:) Thanks for keeping us updated...it's hard to be so far away!

Love you lots!!!

Hayley said...

Shauna,it's Hayley Drakos...my thoughts and prayers are with you. I mentioned this to my Mom when I found your blog! She is praying for you too! Keep fighting.

Vanessa said...

Hey Sis! You have been on my mind all day so I thought I would send you a quick hello! I miss you and hate being so far away. Hopefully that will be changing soon;) Love you, I will call tomorrow.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Swigert said...

Shauna,
I am a long-time friend of your mom's. She has shared with me your challenge with cancer and my husband and I have been fasting and praying for you. I know I don't have to tell you what an amazing mom you have. She showed great love, strength and courage from the time she was very young. You obviously have been blessed with these same gifts. We are behind you 100% and we will keep you in our hearts and prayers.
Love,
Jill