Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update

Thanks so much to everyone who came to help us move into our new home!! We could not have done it without all the many hands that came last weekend to help. We have accomplished everything we needed to do, everything else can wait! Our three little kids are our primary focus (other than cancer) and they are doing OK. We are struggling in some fairly minor areas as expected but doing our best. It has been my greatest wish to be a mother and it makes me even more angry at cancer for jeopardizing that blessing that did not come easy. Our focus in life has always been our family but now it involves enjoying every moment so much more than before. Thank you for all the emails, phone calls, cards, comments, etc. Each thing sent is so much appreciated and cherished. I know in the months to come I will re-read them for the added strength and encouragement I will need to get through each day. I can't thank you enough for your prayers and fasting on my behalf. If you have ever wondered if someone you pray for or fast for can feel what you do for them, they can! My anxiousness and fears have been calmed so many times. As for today, I feel really good (1 day before treatment). I expect to do well during this first round, but I am prepared for "anything." I do feel myself becoming a germ freak but that is what it's going to take to stay out of the hospital and as healthy as possible. It's going to be difficult! My spirits are good so far and I am ready to get going. I am sure I will "hit bottom" so to speak and have many difficult times ahead but with the support that has been shown to us we will all get through. Thank you to each one of you who have done so much and offered everything to us that we could possibly need at this time. We are so blessed to be surrounded by neighbors, family and friends who are all so positive and determined to help us win this battle. Following is a little exerpt from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's Conference talk that sums up how I feel about all that is being done for our family at this time:"But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us... Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind. "Rick and I have already experienced so much to be grateful for from so many people. Among many other things we are learning that there are many depths of grattitude. We can't express enough how thankful we are for all of our "angels." Much Love-Shauna

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Shauna,

We were so sorry to hear your sad news. We'll keep up with your news through your blog (Great idea).You have an amazing attitude, what a great example you are to all that read your blog. Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love Sarah Skinner

Peggy said...

Hold strong, and lean on those that are around you, because we all love you and cherish who you are. As you've said so well, "there are angels among us" sent from our loving Heavenly Father. I love you, my sweet daughter!

Jill said...

Hi Shauna,
I am Jill Lawrence (in your ward)and I just want you to know my heart is going out to you and your family. My sister had this exact cancer when she was only 26, and I am happy to say she is in her 40's and healthy and happy. We will be praying for you and helping when ever possible. Take care and God bless you. Jill

Vanessa said...

Hey Sis-

Good luck today!! Thinking of you and praying for you always! Love Ya