Sunday, April 05, 2009

Radiation!

We are finally in radiation and it's so good to get going. I go every day at 9:30am to McKay Dee where I get "zapped!" They are very pleasant people to work with and they make the best out of yet another of the yucky requirements to get back to good health. I have no side effects yet but anticipate by the end of this week having "a sunburn." The area is much larger than I expected. It's about the size of a wash cloth, one corner even goes under my arm and onto my back. It's all pretty interesting. I continue to go to chemo for Herceptin. It's my wonder drug. There are almost no side effects. I especially like this month, I go on the 16th so there is only 1 treatment this month which mentally makes me feel better!!
The rest of the family are doing well, Josh has completely recovered from his appendix removal and Isaac and Megan are doing well. Rick is doing really well now that we are at this point. The kids and I are going to do some fun things together this week while they are out of school for spring break. It's so good to be feeling better! Love- Shauna

2 comments:

myrna said...

Well, radiation should be a breeze, after what you went through with chemo! doncha love the little tattoos, and lying still for half an hour? I hardly dared breathe, and that was of course, the moment my nose would start to itch!
Congrats my friend, you are on the road to a good recovery. You deserve every good day!

Nate and Di said...

It sounds like you are having a great week with the kids, I'm so happy you're able to have FUN! You deserve it, you are amazing my dear! I love you, and I miss you!!
xoxoxoxo
Di