Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What a crazy life....

We thought things were settling down for us but Josh had to get in on the excitement Sunday morning. Rick and I thought he had is weekly "Sunday Flu" coming on so we told him to get ready and get in the truck! He lasted 10 minutes at church (Rick drove him home) and when we called to check on him 45 minutes later we knew it wasn't the flu. I went home and checked on him and he pointed right in the appendix area. I said, "dang it!" and drove him to McKay Dee ER where he continued to get worse and after an ultrasound they confirmed it was his appendix. He was in surgery by 2:00 pm, it was pretty unbelievable to be sitting there for more health issues. Anyway, he did really well and was home in bed by 11:30 pm. It worked out so we could all get some sleep before going back to the hospital for radiation.
This did mean the 4-wheeling trip to Glamis was cancelled for Rick and Josh. They were very sad!
Radiation starts on April 1st, I think I got my hopes up when I talked to them on the phone and I just assumed that they would get me going on my schedule but it didn't work! I did get all the preliminary stuff done so I will just go for 25 minutes each day starting April Fools Day!
We sure hope everyone else is healthy! Much Love- Shauna

2 comments:

myrna said...

Shauna,

So sorry to hear about the appendix operation. Man, it never rains, but it pours. You guys have had more than your share of medical stuff. I'm glad Josh seems to be on the mend! So you start Radiation just as I finish. I am so proud of you for pressing forward with such cheerful and undaunted courage. I keep wanting to come and visit, but I have had one sore throat and cough after another. Spring is coming, so maybe I'll get well. I don't want to bring you any new germs. All the best to you and your family! You've made it through most of the tough stuff!

The Roelofs said...

Hey Shauna, I hope Josh is feeling better. I hope everything goes well with your radiation. We will most likely be coming up on July 24th. I think we will miss the saturday of the parade and stuff, we would get there that night but we will see. Austyn is doing a college for kids thing until then. Anyway, I hope you are doing well and everyone keeps healthy. Love Carrie