Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Still doing well!

So, the last 3 weeks has been.... rough. I am feeling better every day. I have finally had the last drain removed (yeah!) but the Dr. filled my expander for the 2nd time, the pressure is unbelieveable. She said I am healing well and all that good stuff so I am glad. This has been one crazy experience along with all the rest. We are somewhat able to breath sighs of relief now that we are at this point, that is especially good for Rick, he was a nervous wreck but is much better now. I am cleared for radiation and we are getting the appointments scheduled but I will be off the schedule that I had set for myself. I wanted to start next week but it will be 2 weeks from today to ensure that everything is completely healed. That's just the way it goes.
Everyone is asking about the hair! The minimal amount of existing hair (and I mean minimal!) has grown a little but not many new sprouts yet. I got some special shampoo/conditioner and intensive hair growth therapy, no one really knows if it will do anything but one of my chemo friends says it has definatley worked for her. If it doesn't work it will get me back in the habit of shampooing my hair. It's been kind of nice to just loofa my whole body including my head, it's very quick too! HA!HA!HA! As soon as I have anything to speak of I will be sporting it! I am very excited to have hair that won't blow away in the wind!
The Race for the Cure is May 9th and we will be there! The team name is Joggin' for Jugs, it should be fun! Love- Shauna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAA!!! I had to laugh out loud about the 'Joggin' for Jugs'!! Perfect. So glad to hear that you are feeling better! So happy for Rick and the rest of your family as well. What a rough road you are traveling....but I know that there is a bright light at the end of that very long road....and a rainbow too! Love and prayers to you ~~ Deb Black

Nate and Di said...

I love the team name, and I wish I could be there to help represent Joggin' for Jugs. You sound great, I am so happy that you are past the surgery and doing so well. You continue to rock through this whole thing...I couldn't be more proud of my big sister!
I love you,
Di
xoxoxoxo