Monday, February 23, 2009

The worst is over & we got the best news!

My surgery was Wednesday, and it was as awful as you can imagine. It took almost the entire night to get ontop of the pain but once I did I felt much better. Within a few hours of that I was ready to go home. I have much more range of motion with my right arm than I had anticiapted so that is good. I have 2 drains which makes me look and feel like an alien. They will be gone Tuesday!!! I feel like I am doing well given the circumstance.
We got the best news possible on Friday for those of you who haven't heard, all 16 nodes were negative! The cancer was not visible to the pathologist eye during surgery but was there under the microscope. They did get clear margins around the cancer cells. The Dr. called and said this should make you so happy! Me and my pain meds were already happy when she called but I was even happier after that news!!
We are all doing better now that the surgery is behind us. Especially Rick! I made fun of him in the last post but I don't think I could have watched him go through this type of thing, it's harder for the care-giver (in my opinion) because you feel so helpless. He and my mom have done great at taking care of me, and so many others caring for our family. The stress has been reduced with so much great support and such good news from pahtology. We are so thankful!
No sprouts of hair yet, I expect something in the next 4 weeks. Who knows???
We love you all so much! Shauna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Soooooooo thrilled to hear your wonderful news. He brought you to it and He is bringing you through it. Keep up the great job of kickin' cancers heiney!

Love you!!

myrna said...

Wow, we are so thrilled and relieved to hear this news. Just the fact that you are back bloggin' speaks volumes! You are going to beat this thing. I just know it. I have 5 more Radiation treatments, and I'm still smiling. It has not been as bad as I had expected, so I hope it won't be too tough on you either! All the best, my friend.

Nancy said...

Shauna what amazing news!!!! hope you start feeling good!!
we pray for you!