Monday, April 27, 2009

Race Day!! May 9th

I am so excited for May 9th, Race for the Cure at Gateway!! It also will mean radiation is over. So I can't wait for both. Anyone that wants to can still register
at www.komenslc.org, the group name is "joggin for jugs." It starts at 8:30am, Rick will be at the back of the line with all the strollers. I think I will go with him unless I have to go ahead for some reason. We will see, it should be really fun!
Everything else is going fine. Radiation has made me tired, burned, and even more tired. As of today I have 9 "zaps" left. The onlcologist said it would make me more tired than chemo and I didn't believe him so now he's getting the last laugh. I can easily deal with tired. We have managed to go camping the last 2 weekends so it's not too bad.
At my next chemo (May 7th) I will be starting tamoxifen which I am not happy about. It does have side affects but I will have to get used to them because I will be on it for 5 years. It blocks cancer cell growth especially during the first 5 years to prevent recurrence. Let's all hope anyway!
I hope everyone is well, we are so thankful for all our friends and family helping us to this finish line!!! Much Love- Shauna

2 comments:

Peggy said...

What a way to be an example to everyone around you. You are just that sweetheart. It means so much to see you out doing things with your little family again. Just remember...when you're tired, ask me for help! Megan said to me today, I'll sure be glad when my mommy is "regular" again. I reassured her, you were working really hard at it and it won't be long now. We all love you very much and cherish each stride you make back to good health.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna!

I've been following your BLOG from the beginning and you are such a pillar of strength!

My dad is a breast cancer survivor too and is taking Tamoxifen and his only real complaint is the hot flashes! : D Side affects could be different in women but hot flashes are something we'll all go through soon or later right?!

Best of luck on May 9th! You rock.