Wednesday, December 24, 2008

December 24,2008

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday. I had another rough time right after my chemo but I think I am re-bouding nicely. I hate to jinx it but I feel good today! I remember waking up at 2:00 in the morning yesterday and thinking, "I finally don't feel nauseated!" That was a really good moment. Anyway, we continue to get great news and comments from the Doctor each time we go and that is so encouraging. I know what I have to do to get my body free of this and I am very focused but it is really nice to think that some day I will be able to be through with it. I cry sometimes when I talk about the next 2 chemo's, and yes, they are that bad. But atleast this part of treatment will be over and I can focus on the surgery and radiation. My surgery will be around the 15th -20th of February and radiation begins shortly after. My hair should start to grow back sometime in March!!!! There should be a party for that!
We always strike conversations with the people around us at chemo as most people are very willing to share. We met a guy at chemo who was telling us about his radiation on his chin and neck. We hadn't talked about what type of cancer we each had but I found myself asking about his radiation experience. He mentioned how during the last 3 weeks it's normal for the skin to feel burnt right after. He enjoyed driving home with his head hanging out the window to get the cool breeze on his skin. I said, "well, that is a great suggestion but I have breast cancer!!." You have to laugh, even while you are at chemo! Don't worry, I'll just take ice packs with me!
Anyway, we continue to be brought to thankful tears by our incredible ward. They are so amazing. Everything we could possibly be over burdened with has been taken care of and then some. There are so many people to be thanked (with my chemo brain I can't even start naming them), but we are thankful for all of the service that comes our way each night in our family prayers. Please know that we are thankful for you all. I hope you have a Merry Christmas! Don't eat too much because we are doing the Race for the Cure in May!!!! (More details to follow.)
Much Love- Shauna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that you are doing better! Merry Christmas to you and your dear family. I'm sure the New Year holds many wonderful blessings for you. You're always in our prayers.

Love, Deb Black

The Roelofs said...

Shauna, I hope you guys had a great christmas. I wish I could be beside you while you are going through this. I would love to be a support for you. Good luck with your next two treatments and I will be praying for you and thinking about you. You are amazing and I sure wish your family the best for 2009! Take care. All my love! Carrie

Tricia said...

It's nice to read that there are only 2 more chemo's left. Your a champ for hanging in. Let me know about the race for the cure. I'll join the team.