Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 14, 2008

Hi everyone-
So this time has been harder and I am just not getting back to "normal" like I have the last 2 times. I would rather get a root canal, IRS audit, or yearly exam instead of Chemo on Thursday. I definately don't feel ready for this one, I am sure it's normal at this point because it's nasty stuff. I haven't had as much nausea as I thought but all the other aches, pains, inability to heal from even the smallest paper cut, etc. are more than enough. Truthfully, I can't decide which is worse, the chemo or the menopause the chemo has put me into. (The menopause was a little more than I expected.) I am thankful for the outcome I am having so I am trying to endure all of it but it is so easy to whine about the extensive list of ailments. I don't know if it's possible to get any better news than we got last time we saw the Dr. I expect through the last 3 treatments to just have lot's of "side-effects."
After Thursday I will have 2 more treatments to go, so I have to keep looking forward to the finish line which now seems within my reach. I never thought I would say this but I am looking forward to radiation.
I have had so much pressure removed from me by my incredible ward. This week I hit what is probably one of many low points and had to ask for help. Within 10 minutes of my phone call I had meals, a loving place for my kids to play and people coming to clean. It was one of many humbling days as I watched these sweet neighbors do all the things that I pride myself in doing each day for my family. All I can say is they continue to be so amazing! I was very worried that the length of time until recovery would eventually scare off just about everyone around us but it hasn't even a little bit. I am so thankful for all the prayers, loving service, and help for our family. What a great time of your to reflect on the "angels" who have and will continue attending to our needs, the healing hands of the Lord and the love we have been surrounded with.
Much Love- Shauna

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Dad and I sure enjoyed being able to do our part to help you on Friday. It's one small way we can help and try and lighten our heavy hearts as we feel so helpless watching you each day. You have been amazing and we love you so much. There are so many who want to help, and enjoy doing so, as soon as they know what they can do, including us.
We are also so appreciative for everything the ward has done and continues to do to help during this difficult time. Our Savior is there, even when we feel so alone.

Nate and Di said...

I love you my big sister. I can't wait to be there this weekend and see my sister! And you are right, Chase can hardly wait to see his favorite Auntie Shauna. He gives the best hugs and kisses and can't wait to share them with you!
We love you!
xoxoxoxo
Nate, Di, and Chase